IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR RELAX SALT ROOMS CLIENTS
All of our team members have been vaccinated for the safety of our guests and our team.
We are so excited to announce that we will be reopening at a reduced capacity with additional procedures for our team and our guests in place!
March 17th, 2022:
At this time face masks are optional. We reserve the right to asks guests to put on masks if a high risk guest is in the building.
Relax Salt Rooms has returned to reusable tea mugs in the building.
We will also provide a light weight blanket during sessions. Guests are still welcome to bring their own blankets during session.
August 5th 2021:
Although we just announced that face mask requirements were going to be relaxed at our location, we feel it is prudent—on behalf of our team and guests at risk—to continue to require face masks in the near term. As a health and wellness facility, our primary concern is keeping our guests and team members as safe as possible. Therefore, effective immediately we will be requiring face masks in crossover areas where guests get less than 6 feet from each other which includes the boutique and locker areas.
We will continue to monitor current COVID-19 numbers for the state of Florida and Alachua County and make adjustments to our mask policy going forward as conditions allow. When case counts start to recede, we will reevaluate our mask policy for vaccinated guests.
On a personal note, I thank everyone who continues to wear face masks to help keep small business owners like myself from getting sick so that I am able to continue to safely run my business. Your support means so much to me!
Changes to procedure coming August 1st!
- Starting August 1st our adult salt room will be at a capacity of 4 people for regular salt sessions. Private groups of up to 8.
- Vaccinated adults are not required to wear a face mask. Please be aware that if we have a guest in the building that is immune compromised you may be asked to put a mask on.
- We are grateful for our guests that continue to wear a mask! Please ask for a mask if needed.
- Sessions will start on the hour. Guests arriving late may be asked to reschedule if the session has already started.
- As sessions are communal again, guests arriving with heavy perfumes or smelling of smoke may be asked to reschedule. We have many guests who have respiratory conditions that can be triggered by these scents.
- Group sessions will increase in capacity as well. Yoga, Crystal Singing Bowls, and Guided Meditation will increase to 6 guests per session.
- Our team is fully vaccinated for the safety of our guests and team members.
- Seating in the salt room has been reduced to private sessions only. If you have two people or more in your party please call us to book.
- We will not be taking walk-ins; at this time only appointments.
- We ask that guests wear a face mask when entering and leaving the salt room. Once inside, feel free to remove your mask until your session is complete. Thank you for your assistance in helping all our guests stay safe and healthy.
- Hand sanitizer is located by the front door and above the lockers. Please use the hand sanitizer before and after using the lockers.
- Medical booties have to be worn over shoes or bare feet. These are located by the lockers. Guests are welcome to wear their own socks as well in the salt room.
- At this time blankets will not be provided for the safety of our guests and team. Guests are welcome to bring their own blankets as the room is kept at 68-72 degrees.
- Please arrive on time for your session to allow for additional cleaning of chairs and touchable surfaces.
- Appointments will need to be booked 2 hours in advance.
Please refrain from coming in if you are experiencing any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Bluish lips or face
Relax Salt Rooms is temporarily closed. We will reopen when we feel it is safe for our guests.
For the safety of our guests and staff moving forward Relax Salt Rooms will only take appointments that are scheduled in advance over the phone. Our lobby will not be open to the general public. We are no longer taking walk ins. If you are in need of a session please call ahead to book.
As things are constantly changing at a fast rate this too may change. Thank you!
Due to the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic outbreak and the absolute need to take appropriate measures to protect ourselves, our loved ones, our neighbors, and our guests, Relax Salt Rooms will be changing how we operate. This is to ensure we are using all available protective measures that keep our clients safe and still allow us to remain in business.
After doing research and staying informed we have decided to make some additional changes to our existing protocol as well as add new protocols into place. We still do not know the full impact of what the coronavirus can do. Salt is antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, and builds immune systems. But this is a new strain and we are taking extra precautions until we know what we are dealing with.
- All neck warmer pillowcases are removed after every guest and sanitized. All neck warmers are kept in a warmer between sessions that heat to 150 degrees.
- All blankets are washed after every use.
- Throughout the day/end of day the chairs in salt room are wiped down with Benefect CD33GL Decon 30. This has always been a procedure due to the sensitivity of our guests with Cystic Fibrosis, COPD, etc.
- All toys cleaned with Benefect CD33GL Decon 30 after every child’s room session.
- Our adult room will only seat 4 people at a time. If we have a session that is currently booked for more than 4 we will be calling guests to move people around.
- Our booking system can only book one child in the room at a time. If you want to bring siblings, please book for one child and you are welcome to bring the second in.
- Chairs are now cleaned after every session with the Benefect CD33GL Decon 30.
- All surfaces, door handles, knobs, etc are wiped down during sessions all day long.
What you can do to help:
- If you have traveled to a ‘hot spot’ please stay home
- If you feel even the slightest bit sick please stay home
- If you have chronic cough (associated with asthma, COPD, etc) or special circumstances please call us so we can help you get your session booked.
- Take time to care for yourselves and be kind to others going through this.
We appreciate all the community support we have received so far. As things change quickly so may our status so please check back with us regularly. Thank you for continuing to boost your immune system, cleanse and open your respiratory system, and detox with us!